Pre-Alpha v1.2 Released! Weather Effects, Fixes, and More!
almost 6 years ago
– Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 12:50:48 AM
I missed the weekend mark a little for this release, but I have little surprise update to the demo to include. (Link to download the latest demo is listed at the bottom of this post)
I'm including the initial implementation of weather effects for this release! This is just a first pass, but expect to see some more of it as it becomes polished later.
While there are a number of subtle features added, the content and story haven't been expanded yet. Our first milestone is to complete the first true 30 minutes of play and polish that as much as reasonable, then go nuts expanding the content.
In addition to weather effects, here are the other changes for this release:
- Fixed a bug where, while hanging from a ledge, pressing down and towards the ledge and then pressing jump would drop the player from the ledge and lock player input control.
- Fixed a bug where the pause menu could be brought up at inappropriate times, such as just before the title screen loaded or when the company logo is showing.
- Pause menu now properly layers in front of active dialogue windows when activated.
- Active dialogue/cinematic sequences now properly stop if “Return to Title” is called from the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where the pausing then unpausing during an active dialogue would cause player input controls to be inappropriately restored.
- Cleaned up the pause menu and active UI fade out when loading to back to the title screen to look tidier.
- You can now bring up the pause menu with the "Escape" key on the keyboard in addition to the "Enter" key.
- Fixed a bug where repeatedly returning to the title screen from the outside starting area and immediately restarting the game would cause all spawner based items to duplicate without limit.
- Armored Knight's attacks now properly boomerang. Watch out after dodging!
- A message window will now appear and pause the game to explain new sub-weapons as you acquire them ala Metroid/Zelda style. (Final message window design is still in development)
- Changing “zones” will now cause a zone title box to appear. (Art and text for the display are placeholders as the final form is still in development.)
- Lily will now experience being stunned temporarily if she takes a hard fall from a high place. She won’t lose health from the fall, but could be in danger should a monster be near where she lands. (Animations for this are placeholders and will be updated when Lily’s sprite is revamped.)
You can download the updated demo here: